Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
rkm79 rkm79 is offline

Default envelope trouble

i was working with my computer today and when I printed an envelope it came
out as symbols and numbers, not the words that I originally typed. The
address on the letter printed fine, but everytime I print an envelope it
prints in symbols...how can I fix this?? Thanks in advance for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

There have been problems reported printing envelopes to certain printers: I
think it was Lexmark. But it is normally a printer driver problem.

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP

"rkm79" wrote in message
i was working with my computer today and when I printed an envelope it came
out as symbols and numbers, not the words that I originally typed. The
address on the letter printed fine, but everytime I print an envelope it
prints in symbols...how can I fix this?? Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

Yes, you could try that but previous posts suggest that HP are not updating
many drivers for older printers and many are not compatible with Vista
and/or Office 2007.

Terry

"rkm79" wrote in message
i was working with my computer today and when I printed an envelope it
came
out as symbols and numbers, not the words that I originally typed. The
address on the letter printed fine, but everytime I print an envelope
it
prints in symbols...how can I fix this?? Thanks in advance for your
help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Alex Hartunian Alex Hartunian is offline

I also have the same issue trying to print Envelopes. The formatting is
correct in terms of position but it prints symbols only ((@#*$(*)#@($).

I have a hp laserjet 1200 printer and have the latest driver available from
hp. Maybe a universal driver would work better. I will try this.

By the way I'm running XP Pro SP2 so this is not a Vista issue but a Word
2007 issue.

"rkm79" wrote in message
i was working with my computer today and when I printed an envelope it
came
out as symbols and numbers, not the words that I originally typed. The
address on the letter printed fine, but everytime I print an envelope
it
prints in symbols...how can I fix this?? Thanks in advance for your
help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Alex Hartunian Alex Hartunian is offline

Confirmed that you can resolve this issue by downloading the Universal
Printer Driver from HP. I just went to hp.com and click on drivers and
downloads on the homepage. From there I just put in my printer HP 1200 and
selected my OS (XP Professional) and selected the option for PCL6 Universal
Printer Drivers. You can go to your printers folder, right-click your
printer and go to properties. Then in the Advanced tab select "New Driver".
Make sure you download your Universal Printer driver first and uncompress the
files to a folder first. Just point to the directory where you uncompressed
your files and load the new driver.

Hope this help you all!