Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chuckmg chuckmg is offline

Default start page numbers at 1

Using Windows XP, Word 2007. In a particular document , the page numbers
start at 0. How can I get them to start at 1? When I open a new document,
the page numbering starts at 1.

Chuck
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

With the cursor at the start of the document, click Insert Page Number
Format Page Numbers. Choose the "Continue from previous section" option or
change the "Start at" box to "1".

If the document contains more than one section, and if any of the later
sections restart the numbering, you'll have to change them separately.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

chuckmg wrote:
Using Windows XP, Word 2007. In a particular document , the page
numbers start at 0. How can I get them to start at 1? When I open a
new document, the page numbering starts at 1.

Chuck

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
chuckmg chuckmg is offline

Thanks Jay,

Thought I tried that but must have had cursor on other than page 1.

Chuck