Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stephen stephen is offline

Default Can't send an attachment in Word 2007

Hi,

I've had several versions of Word and until Word 2007, I have had no problem
sending a document as an "attachment."

I did figure out that instead of File, you now have to press the pretty
button
and that it takes you to Send. Then you have two choices to send the
document: Email and Internet Fax. But the Email is grayed out.

Does anyone know how to get it grayed in so I can email the document as an
attachment?

Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

Take care,

Stephen

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Resume Lady[_2_] Resume Lady[_2_] is offline

"Stephen" wrote:

Hi,

I've had several versions of Word and until Word 2007, I have had no problem
sending a document as an "attachment."

I did figure out that instead of File, you now have to press the pretty
button
and that it takes you to Send. Then you have two choices to send the
document: Email and Internet Fax. But the Email is grayed out.

Does anyone know how to get it grayed in so I can email the document as an
attachment?

Thanks for any help you can give me on this.

Take care,

Stephen

Hi, Stephen,

I am also running into a glitch (posted on this board) about sending emails.
I typically do not send from within a document -- rather I attach from the
email program itself. What I'm running into is that the document will not
attach if it is open. I've never had that problem before. I have to close the
document to attach it in an email.

When I posted that problem here someone suggested emailing (sending) from
within the document and, as you have found, that email button is greyed out.

You should be able to attach the document from your email program, so go
ahead and try that. Just be sure the document you are attaching is closed or
you'll get a message about not being able to find the file.

Deb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Stephen,

What version of Windows are you using and which email program?

In Windows XP, in Word 2007, I can open a Word document, then use
File(Office Button)=Send
and send the open document out by email as an attachment via Outlook Express, Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 or Thunderbird.

With the Microsoft Office 2007 'Save as PDF/XPS Add-in installed' I also have the options to send the attachment in either PDF or
XPS form.

Are you by any chance in a school or corporate environment working through a MS Exchange server or other mail product or where
certain features and settings are managed by an administrator?

============

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stephen stephen is offline

Hi,

Thank you for your help. Deb, I really appreciate it. At least now I can
send the document, even though I have to track it down in one of hundreds of
folders I have and thousands of documents (obviously, I use a lot of
shortcuts). God forbid that I might want to send the document when I have it
open and have just finished the changes.

Bob, I just bought a new computer so I'm stuck with Virusta and Awful 2007.
I only wish I still had Awesome XP and Office 2003, which at least allowed me
to get some work done.

Thanks again for the help.

Stephen