Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ron Ron is offline

Default Assigning Default Programs In VISTA

I am using Vista and Office 2003. I can not seem to get WORD as the default
program in outlook to read a .doc file. I understand how to make the change
but I keep getting an error message "%1 is not a valid win32 application". I
do not seem to have the same problem in Excel. The only way I can read such
a file is to save it and then open through WORD. This is a very frustrating
problem.