Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Yellow on blue Yellow on blue is offline

Default Change background and text colors for Irlen's syndrome

Irlen's syndrome is a difficulty in a person's visual processing pathways.
One effect of this condition is that users find black text on a white
background difficult to read. I am searching for a way to change the way the
screen displays information to be able to get, for example, yellow text on a
blue background when word documents are viewed on the screen, but that they
will still print as a regular document ie:black text on white background.
The person I am looking for does not sit at the same computer all the time,
but must log onto whatever networked computer is available. So, either a way
to change network settings for her, or a small program she could carry on a
USB drive that would reconfigure the settings on any machine she sits down
at, then set them back when she is done.

There seems to be small programs for magnifying, and ways to change font
sizes in the disability settings, but I have not tracked down how to change
background colours etc.

Thanks