Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
bill bill is offline

Default Letterhead Problems

Hi, I'm an intern who inherited a problem this summer.

We are a law office w/ two locations running on a server, 1 desktop
computers at each location, 1 laptop travelling b/w the two locations, 1
laptop stays at location A.

Whenever we open up a word document our letterhead (which is an image in
both the header and footer) appears blacked out, it's not a completely black
square, it's almost like the colors had been inverted. If I replace this
blacked out image with a new, correct looking one, save the file, and the
same file is opened up on another computer, the image looks (and prints) very
distorted.

From 2 of the computers the letterhead looks black on the screen but prints
out perfect. From the other 2 computers it looks and prints black. So we
have to end up drafting a document on one of the 2 computers, save it to the
server, open it up on one of the good computers and print from that computer.
Mind you this is all the same file, on the same server, going to the same
printer.

Any ideas? What we'd like is A) make the image look and print correctly on
all 4 computers; or B) keep the image looking blacked out but at least print
correctly on all 4 computers.

I'd also like to know why the distortion is happening when opening the file
on a different computer, and why this became blacked out in the first place.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Insufficient data. You can help us to help you by following
the posting tips at http://word.mvps.org/FindHelp/Posting.htm and
http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm . But see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=827302 "TIFF image appears dark when
you insert it into PowerPoint 2003" for one possibility.

Bill wrote:

Hi, I'm an intern who inherited a problem this summer.

We are a law office w/ two locations running on a server, 1 desktop
computers at each location, 1 laptop travelling b/w the two locations, 1
laptop stays at location A.

Whenever we open up a word document our letterhead (which is an image in
both the header and footer) appears blacked out, it's not a completely black
square, it's almost like the colors had been inverted. If I replace this
blacked out image with a new, correct looking one, save the file, and the
same file is opened up on another computer, the image looks (and prints) very
distorted.

From 2 of the computers the letterhead looks black on the screen but prints
out perfect. From the other 2 computers it looks and prints black. So we
have to end up drafting a document on one of the 2 computers, save it to the
server, open it up on one of the good computers and print from that computer.
Mind you this is all the same file, on the same server, going to the same
printer.

Any ideas? What we'd like is A) make the image look and print correctly on
all 4 computers; or B) keep the image looking blacked out but at least print
correctly on all 4 computers.

I'd also like to know why the distortion is happening when opening the file
on a different computer, and why this became blacked out in the first place.

Letterhead sj616796 Microsoft Word Help 1 April 25th 07 07:43 PM
Letterhead problems NC_Sue Page Layout 7 June 2nd 06 12:46 AM
Word problems or is it keyboard problems Igotmine Microsoft Word Help 1 March 30th 06 05:43 AM
Can I scan paper letterhead into Word as electronic letterhead? ECTRBob Microsoft Word Help 2 December 19th 05 04:28 AM
How do I use my company letterhead as letterhead template in Word? FolsomResident Page Layout 1 August 20th 05 05:11 PM