Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nigel Molesworth Nigel Molesworth is offline

Default Adding text to a PDF or other form?

I hate filling in forms by hand, so my current method of filling in a
non-editable form (such as a PDF) is to print it as an MDI, then open
in Office Document Imaging and save as a TIFF, then add this as a
background image in a Word document!

There seem to be two problems with this: it is very tedious, and
sometimes the image has lost quality when I re-open the document.

Any thoughts?

--
Nigel M
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nigel Molesworth Nigel Molesworth is offline

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 10:44:43 +0100, Nigel Molesworth
wrote:

I hate filling in forms by hand, so my current method of filling in a
non-editable form (such as a PDF) is to print it as an MDI ...

D'OH! Having written this, I remembered the Adobe SnapShot Tool!

Wake me up when it's all over

--
Nigel M
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Use of a pen would make far more sense for one-off forms.
If you can find a copy of the Corporate version of Finereader 6 it came with
an excellent form filling module (though it wouldn't read PDF - you would
need Finereader itself to save a PDF as a graphic). Sadly the later versions
don't have this handy tool, which I believe is now available in a modified
form as a separate application. It remains overkill and a waste of money for
ad hoc form filling.

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
I hate filling in forms by hand, so my current method of filling in a
non-editable form (such as a PDF) is to print it as an MDI, then open
in Office Document Imaging and save as a TIFF, then add this as a
background image in a Word document!

There seem to be two problems with this: it is very tedious, and
sometimes the image has lost quality when I re-open the document.

Any thoughts?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nigel Molesworth Nigel Molesworth is offline

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 12:55:56 +0300, "Graham Mayor"
wrote:

Use of a pen would make far more sense for one-off forms.

Nah, hate it, hate it, hate it.

I'd rather spend an hour making a template, than two hours filling in
the form 9 times because I messed it up!

--
Nigel M
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nigel Molesworth Nigel Molesworth is offline

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 10:52:28 +0100, Nigel Molesworth
wrote:

D'OH! Having written this, I remembered the Adobe SnapShot Tool!

.... although the issue of image quality remains.

Also, is there a way to lock a image in place, and position a table
over the top of it, also locked in place?

--
Nigel M

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Hello Nigel

Nigel Molesworth wrote:
Use of a pen would make far more sense for one-off forms.

Nah, hate it, hate it, hate it.

I'd rather spend an hour making a template, than two hours filling in
the form 9 times because I messed it up!

a clear indicator that you might want to start writing by hand more
often ... ;-)

Maybe you can ask the issuer of the "form" to provide an onscreen
fillable version? And, he doesn't have one, and you are good in creating
these -- there's your job opportunity!

0.2cents
Robert
--