Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH

Default Unwanted Tabs Magically Appearing

Word 2000 SP3
Is there a patch to stop unnecessary tabs appearing?
I have created several styles to cover Bullets as well as the TOC styles,
but have found that during writing and formatting, unnecessary tabs appear
from nowhere it seems, which then messes up the styles and the document. The
styles have no links to any other styles, and the new tabs sometimes dont
even appear in the Tabs dialog, only on the ruler.
Obviously I clean up the styles or drag the tab marker from the ruler, but
they tend to reappear several days later.

Many thanks in advance.
DeanH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH

Thanks Suzanne.
So basically we are all screwed (those still on 2000 that is).
Many thanks for your time.
DeanH

"DeanH" wrote in message
Word 2000 SP3
Is there a patch to stop unnecessary tabs appearing?
I have created several styles to cover Bullets as well as the TOC styles,
but have found that during writing and formatting, unnecessary tabs appear
from nowhere it seems, which then messes up the styles and the document.

The
styles have no links to any other styles, and the new tabs sometimes dont
even appear in the Tabs dialog, only on the ruler.
Obviously I clean up the styles or drag the tab marker from the ruler, but
they tend to reappear several days later.

Many thanks in advance.
DeanH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Pretty much, I think. Does the article suggest any workarounds?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TOCJasonTabs.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"DeanH" wrote in message
Word 2000 SP3
Is there a patch to stop unnecessary tabs appearing?
I have created several styles to cover Bullets as well as the TOC

styles,
but have found that during writing and formatting, unnecessary tabs

appear
from nowhere it seems, which then messes up the styles and the

document.
The
styles have no links to any other styles, and the new tabs sometimes

dont
even appear in the Tabs dialog, only on the ruler.
Obviously I clean up the styles or drag the tab marker from the ruler,

but
they tend to reappear several days later.

Many thanks in advance.
DeanH

How do I remove unwanted tabs on the templates dialogue box Stanty Microsoft Word Help 1 March 1st 06 04:29 PM
Unwanted tabs Debbie New Users 5 September 21st 05 05:07 PM
How do I drag and drop tabs exactly onto the ruler divisions Robin Guy Sharman Page Layout 4 September 14th 05 08:58 PM
Microsoft Word, default tabs Jennifer Page Layout 1 July 27th 05 08:09 PM
remove tabs from Word template dialog? Lori H Microsoft Word Help 5 January 12th 05 03:45 PM