Starlight_Guided

Default How Do I Rotate Clip Art in Microsoft Word 2000?

Im trying to make graduation announcements, and cant rotate the clip art so
it is upside down... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rderize

Starlight_Guided:
From what I can tell (I use Word 2000) it's not possible to "flip" a
clip-art object in MS Word 2000. What can be done, (and this is only IF the
clipart object is in Windows Media File format (.wmf)), is that you can
ungroup ALL of the objects that make up the clipart picture from one
another. Then, a single object can be rotated or manipulated (using the
Drawing toolbar tools). You would need to do this with all of the objects
in your clipart picture, then regroup the objects in order to make them into
one, single clipart picture. I found this process to be unsatisfactory.

What I've been able to do with a clipart picture, is to open it in a picture
program (I use Corel PhotoPaint), flip the clipart picture while within
PhotoPaint, then save the flipped picture (I use the desktop so I can
easily find it) and insert this newly created picture into MS Word. To
position your picture on the page, you will then need to right click on the
picture, select Format Picture, select the Layout tab, then select a
wrapping style that is not "In Line" (I use square). You will now be able
to position your picture on the page where you wish.

In MS Word 2000, go to the Help files: (You will need to bypass the Answer
Wizard; Clippy) Once you're in the Help File Table of Contents, go to
"Working with Graphics and Drawing Objects"; "Working with Clip Art and
the Clip Gallery"; "Modify Clip Art."

I hope this helps.
Richard

"Starlight_Guided" wrote in
message ...
Im trying to make graduation announcements, and cant rotate the clip art

so
it is upside down... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Graham Mayor

I am pretty sure that provided the image is not inserted in line, that it
can be flipped or rotated from the drawing toolbar draw tools. It
certainly can in Word 2003 and the images on my web site
http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm were taken from Word 2000.

rderize wrote:
Starlight_Guided:
From what I can tell (I use Word 2000) it's not possible to "flip" a
[...]

rderize

Graham:
I stand corrected. After reading your article, I went back and determined
two things about rotating ClipArt in MS Word 2000. 1) If you insert your
ClipArt picture into a document and right click on the picture, the rotate
tool on the Drawing Toolbar will not activate. 2) After inserting a ClipArt
picture into a document, I can rotate a ClipArt picture by doing the
following: Right-click the picture, select Format Picture, select Layout
tab, select a Wrapping Style other than "In line with text", (I use
"Square"), click OK. Now, right click on the picture again, and select
Grouping, select Ungroup. (The picture will now be broken up into its
constituent parts, all as separate pieces.) Again, right click the picture,
and select Grouping, select Group.(This puts all of the pieces back together
again.) NOW, the rotate tool on the Drawing Toolbar is active and the
ClipArt picture can be rotated. It can also be flipped, if you use the
appropriate tool (there is a tool for flipping vertically or flipping
horizontally, although you may have to Customise your Drawing Toolbar to
find them.) on the Drawing Toolbar.

This is great, I learned how to do something I didn't think that Word 2000
could do!

Thanks, Graham.
Richard

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
I am pretty sure that provided the image is not inserted in line, that it
can be flipped or rotated from the drawing toolbar draw tools. It
certainly can in Word 2003 and the images on my web site
http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm were taken from Word 2000.

rderize wrote:
Starlight_Guided:
From what I can tell (I use Word 2000) it's not possible to "flip" a
[...]

rderize

Graham:
I'm sure I have to Ungroup, then Re-Group. I've tried it every-other way,
and it just won't work (ie, the rotate tool will not activate), unless it's
ungrouped & then regrouped.

rderize wrote:
[...]

rderize wrote:
Starlight_Guided:
From what I can tell (I use Word 2000) it's not possible to "flip" a

wrote in message
Im trying to make graduation announcements, and cant rotate the
clip art so it is upside down... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Graham Mayor

Unfortunately I no longer have access to Word 2000 to check, but you
certainly don't have to perform this shuffle with Word 2003.

rderize wrote:
[...]

rderize wrote:
Starlight_Guided:
From what I can tell (I use Word 2000) it's not possible to
"flip" a clip-art object in MS Word 2000. What can be done, (and

wrote in message
Im trying to make graduation announcements, and cant rotate the
clip art so it is upside down... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe Cieply

Another way a bit less troublesome. Copy the clip to MS Paint. Using
Flip/Rotate under Image on the Menu bar, make your choice. Recopy the
rotated image and bring it back to your Word document.

Since Rotate/Flip has been available in MSPaint from the beginning, I am
very suprised it is not available in Word 97 or Word 2000.

rderize wrote:
[...]

rderize wrote:
Starlight_Guided:
From what I can tell (I use Word 2000) it's not possible to

wrote in message
Im trying to make graduation announcements, and cant rotate the
clip art so it is upside down... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennifer M.

Just a note-I have done this step in the past, but when I paste the image
back into my Word doc it is not as crisp as the original (the image appears a
little blurred-and it prints that way as well).

Richard was exactly right, in order to rotate a clip art image in Word 2000
you must first ungroup and then regroup in order to activate the rotate
feature...an absolutely absurd process, and I'm glad it was corrected with
Word 2003!

rderize wrote:
[...]

rderize wrote:
Starlight_Guided:
From what I can tell (I use Word 2000) it's not possible to

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
Is there a Fast Search in Word? [email protected] New Users 14 February 11th 05 08:43 PM
how can you create quickwords in MS Office Word 2003 Christine S Microsoft Word Help 4 February 8th 05 03:01 PM