ScottSim

Default Activation? No wizard...

All of my Microsoft office applications are locked with the message "this
modification is not allowed because the document is locked". I tried using
the Help Activate option, but nothing happens. I need office really bad for
univrsity! help please!!
garfield-n-odie

Do you have a trial version of Office 2003? You cannot continue
to use the trial version indefinitely. A trial version cannot be
reactivated after the trial period has expired. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=831023 "How to convert a
Office 2003 Trial Edition to a Full Retail Edition" and
http://www.microsoft.com/office/trial/convert.mspx "How to
Convert Microsoft Office System Trial Product to a Full Version".
Note that some trial versions cannot be converted online.

If you have a full version of Office 2003, then see
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=823527 "Activation Wizard does
not start in Office 2003".

ScottSim wrote:

All of my Microsoft office applications are locked with the message "this
modification is not allowed because the document is locked". I tried using
the Help Activate option, but nothing happens. I need office really bad for
univrsity! help please!!

ScottSim

I have the full student and teacher 2003 edition. have tried the advice on
the link you provided, but the wizard still won't appear and my office
applications still will not work!! Any more ideas? I'm really stuck and
getting stressed!

ScottSim wrote:

All of my Microsoft office applications are locked with the message "this
modification is not allowed because the document is locked". I tried using
the Help Activate option, but nothing happens. I need office really bad for
univrsity! help please!!

garfield-n-odie

Use the telephone activation method described in
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326851 "Activation and
registration of a Microsoft product". Explain the situation to
the Microsoft representative and see if they have other suggestions.

ScottSim wrote:

All of my Microsoft office applications are locked with the message "this
modification is not allowed because the document is locked". I tried using
the Help Activate option, but nothing happens. I need office really bad for
univrsity! help please!!

ScottSim

Okay, on the phone, the automated message tells me I need to enter the
"installation ID" from my computer screen. Whats that? How do i get it up? if
its associated with the activation wizard, I have problems beacuse still
nothing happens when i click the helpactivate option...