Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Colyn Colyn is offline

Default problems reading office 2000 files in office 2003

On my personal computer I am using Word 2000, and at work I am using Word 2003.

I am having difficulty in reading one of my 2000 manuscripts in 2003. The

After reloading 2003 it says it has recovered from a serious error.

Help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Colyn,

There may be a problem with the Word 2003 installation. Is it fully updated, and have you tried running 'Detect and Repair' from the
Help menu?

Alternatively, there may be some corruption in the document itself. A quick fix that can rescue many such a document is to open it
(for you, in Word 2000), scroll to the very end, insert a new paragraph, then copy everything except the new paragraph and paste the
copied material into a new document.

--
Cheers
macropod

Reading Office 07 files MZB New Users 7 November 22nd 07 06:26 PM
win 98 office 2000 reading office 2007 docs Barry Microsoft Word Help 3 March 7th 07 01:51 PM
Problems opening office 2003 in office 2000 tottonbridge Microsoft Word Help 1 May 5th 06 11:50 AM
word(office 2000) support reading layout? dfw Microsoft Word Help 1 March 9th 06 03:15 AM
After upgrading to Office 2003 my Office 2000 word document layou. Wally Page Layout 2 March 20th 05 09:21 AM