Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Brian M. Brian M. is offline

Default How do I remove the quick access toolbar when I right click?

Basically I'd just like to know if there's a way to disable the quick access
toolbar whenever I right click in the document. I didn't find any options in
Word to do that.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Right-clicking in the document doesn't have any affect on the Quick Access
Toolbar (QAT). The QAT is the set of tools you see [by default] above the
ribbon (you can right-click the QAT and choose to display it below the
ribbon, too).

From your question, my guess is that you're referring to the Mini Toolbar,
rather than to the Quick Access Toolbar.

When you right-click in a document, you see the Mini Toolbar and the context
menu. The Mini Toolbar [by default] displays when you select text, as well
as when you right-click in a document. You can turn off its automatic
display when text is selected, but you cannot prevent it from displaying
when you right-click in a document.

The only control for the Mini Toolbar is found in the Popular settings tab
in Word Options (Office button, Word Options, Popular tab). That option lets
you suppress the automatic display when text is first selected.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Brian M." Brian wrote in message
Basically I'd just like to know if there's a way to disable the quick
access
toolbar whenever I right click in the document. I didn't find any options
in
Word to do that.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

I haven't yet found it in the UI but, in VBA, you can switch off the Mini
Toolbar on right click with:

Options.ShowSelectionFloatie = Flase

--
Enjoy,

Tony Jollans
Microsoft Word MVP

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
Right-clicking in the document doesn't have any affect on the Quick Access
Toolbar (QAT). The QAT is the set of tools you see [by default] above the
ribbon (you can right-click the QAT and choose to display it below the
ribbon, too).

From your question, my guess is that you're referring to the Mini Toolbar,
rather than to the Quick Access Toolbar.

When you right-click in a document, you see the Mini Toolbar and the
context menu. The Mini Toolbar [by default] displays when you select text,
as well as when you right-click in a document. You can turn off its
automatic display when text is selected, but you cannot prevent it from
displaying when you right-click in a document.

The only control for the Mini Toolbar is found in the Popular settings tab
in Word Options (Office button, Word Options, Popular tab). That option
lets you suppress the automatic display when text is first selected.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Brian M." Brian wrote in message
Basically I'd just like to know if there's a way to disable the quick
access
toolbar whenever I right click in the document. I didn't find any options
in
Word to do that.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Oops! I really shouldn't post before breakfast! I can see two typos in that
single line and it isn't even the right line to begin with. I should have
said

Options.ShowMenuFloaties = False

--
Enjoy,

Tony Jollans
Microsoft Word MVP

"Tony Jollans" My forename at my surname dot com wrote in message
I haven't yet found it in the UI but, in VBA, you can switch off the Mini
Toolbar on right click with:

Options.ShowSelectionFloatie = Flase

--
Enjoy,

Tony Jollans
Microsoft Word MVP

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
Right-clicking in the document doesn't have any affect on the Quick
Access Toolbar (QAT). The QAT is the set of tools you see [by default]
above the ribbon (you can right-click the QAT and choose to display it
below the ribbon, too).

From your question, my guess is that you're referring to the Mini
Toolbar, rather than to the Quick Access Toolbar.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Very cute!

--
[...]

From your question, my guess is that you're referring to the Mini
Toolbar, rather than to the Quick Access Toolbar.

When you right-click in a document, you see the Mini Toolbar and the
context menu. The Mini Toolbar [by default] displays when you select
text, as well as when you right-click in a document. You can turn off
its automatic display when text is selected, but you cannot prevent it
from displaying when you right-click in a document.

The only control for the Mini Toolbar is found in the Popular settings
tab in Word Options (Office button, Word Options, Popular tab). That
option lets you suppress the automatic display when text is first
selected.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Brian M." Brian wrote in message
Basically I'd just like to know if there's a way to disable the quick
access
toolbar whenever I right click in the document. I didn't find any
options in
Word to do that.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HHH HHH is offline

Herb,
Tony,
Is VBA visual baasic? Could you explain just how to make these changes? It
seems that when I try to add the code, it wants to apply it for for document.
Thanks,
--
HHH

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote:

[...]