mumag

Default Subtotals per page

We produce multiple-page statements that require subtotals on each page.
Traditionally such statements end each page with "Carried forward: $...",
and commence each new page with "Brought forward: $...". Incredible as it may
seem, we still use MultiMate (c.1987) to acheive this task, as it doesn't
appear possible in Word. A solution would be a column total in the footer,
but Word doesn't allow formula fields in headers and footers. The nature of
the statements is such that we need to stay in a word-processing
environment, otherwise we'd use Excel or even Access to do what we want. It's
one of those problems where the solution always seems to be just out of reach
no matter which way we approach it.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.