CW

Default Skipping over a cell without editing it

In Word 2000, I have a table that I have set up primarily to guide the user
through various input fields, but several of them are intentionally blank
(for layout and alignment reasons). I would like to set up the navigation so
that when the user tabs to go to the next field, if it is one of the blank
ones the cursor would skip over it into the following one. In other words, to
give those fields the status of "void" or "do not enter".
Advice, anyone?
Many thanks
CW
Herb Tyson [MVP]

You could set this up as a form, using form fields where you want the data
entry to go. Once protected as a form, the cursor would only land on data
fields. Look for Forms in Word's Help system.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"CW" wrote in message
In Word 2000, I have a table that I have set up primarily to guide the
user
through various input fields, but several of them are intentionally blank
(for layout and alignment reasons). I would like to set up the navigation
so
that when the user tabs to go to the next field, if it is one of the blank
ones the cursor would skip over it into the following one. In other words,
give those fields the status of "void" or "do not enter".
Advice, anyone?
Many thanks
CW

Jay Freedman

Also, if you do set up a protected form, you can use macros to control
the order in which the fields are visited:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...etTabOrder.htm

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"CW" wrote in message
In Word 2000, I have a table that I have set up primarily to guide the
user
through various input fields, but several of them are intentionally blank
(for layout and alignment reasons). I would like to set up the navigation
so
that when the user tabs to go to the next field, if it is one of the blank
ones the cursor would skip over it into the following one. In other words,
give those fields the status of "void" or "do not enter".
Advice, anyone?
Many thanks
CW

Placing 1st table into a cell within 2nd table kathryngriffin1962 Tables 2 June 2nd 05 04:09 AM
runoff words in a cell Teacher_Becky Tables 3 January 27th 05 11:47 PM
word table cell resize or word table cell size change or word table change cell size [email protected] Tables 0 January 13th 05 09:55 PM
copy cell to cell Tlogan Tables 1 January 5th 05 09:20 PM
Shading does not fill entire cell Fred Holmes Tables 1 October 28th 04 10:18 PM