Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
john4708 john4708 is offline

Default Word insists I put a disc in drive A.

I keep being told Watson has a problem loading. They cannot find watson.msi.
Plus it keeps insisting I put a disc in drive A. Which means when I reboot I
have to eject the disc then put it back in every time I wish to use word.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi John,

The prompt to insert a disk in Drive A is probably occurring because at some stage you edited a document on a floppy disk in that
drive (bad idea), then closed Word. Consequently, Word is trying to access the drive again. If you open a document from your hard
drive (C:?), then close Word, that should fix the problem. Unless you've somehow configured Word to look for templates or put
autosave files onto Drive A:. In which case you can correct this by changing the paths under Tools|Options.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"john4708" wrote in message ...
I keep being told Watson has a problem loading. They cannot find watson.msi.
Plus it keeps insisting I put a disc in drive A. Which means when I reboot I
have to eject the disc then put it back in every time I wish to use word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
john4708 john4708 is offline

I quite possibly may have done what you suggest. However after looking at the
save options in Tools/options in word I only have the C drive listed as a
place to keep my files. I only used the A drive for copying files onto a disc
so I could print them at the library when my printer was not working. I have
had some basic computing training, but I am still learning on the hoof as it
were and hopefully learning by my mistakes.
Thenk You.
John

"john4708" wrote in message ...
I keep being told Watson has a problem loading. They cannot find watson.msi.
Plus it keeps insisting I put a disc in drive A. Which means when I reboot I
have to eject the disc then put it back in every time I wish to use word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Never ever read from, write to, or print from floppy with Word. These are
the most certain methods of ensuring document corruption.

Copy to the hard disc and work on the document from there.