Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lily[_2_] lily[_2_] is offline

Default How do I ged rid of the saving history from pull down bar?

Does any one know how to clear the saving history that appears at pull down
bar of the 'File name' box?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

They are stored in the registry in the 'value' sub key of
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\C ommon\Open Find\Microsoft
Office Word\Settings\Save As\File Name MRU

lily wrote:
Does any one know how to clear the saving history that appears at
pull down bar of the 'File name' box?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lily[_2_] lily[_2_] is offline

Thanks a lot for the tip. But I am so good at computers, where do I find
HEKY_CURRENT_USER.....? from window explore?

lily wrote:
Does any one know how to clear the saving history that appears at
pull down bar of the 'File name' box?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You don't - it's in the registry which you can access by running Regedit
from Windows Start Run.
See http://www.gmayor.com/my_toolbars_are_missing.htm which shows the
registry construction and how to access a different key - though the
methodology will be the same for the key in question.
If in doubt leave well alone.