Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kerina313 Kerina313 is offline

Default header margin

I am in the process of converting a file that was saved to an rtf format into
a word document. I've got a problem with one of the headers. The bottom
margin of the header on one section will not allow me to adjust it to not
take up 1/4 of the actual page. I've tried moving it and when it gets to a
point it will encompass the whole page.

Is this a problem with the header feature - or something to do with the rtf
conversion?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

Does the header contain an in-line object of any sort, in which case it must
remain large enough to accommodate it?

Alternatively is the Page Vertical Alignment (Page Setup Layout tab) set
to Center?

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Kerina313" wrote in message
I am in the process of converting a file that was saved to an rtf format
into
a word document. I've got a problem with one of the headers. The bottom
margin of the header on one section will not allow me to adjust it to not
take up 1/4 of the actual page. I've tried moving it and when it gets to
point it will encompass the whole page.

Is this a problem with the header feature - or something to do with the
rtf
conversion?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kerina313 Kerina313 is offline

No, there was no object in there other than 10 pt text. Apparently the RTF
document was set up to have the verticle alignment center on the page set up,
thus the margins for the header - no matter what I did, wouldn't "shrink". I
took care of the page set up verticle alignment and then was able to shrink
up the top header margin.