Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ryan[_4_] Ryan[_4_] is offline

Default How to separating the content from the format.

Hello,

I have a family of documents. All of my documents have a title page. The format of the title page is the same for every document. There is also a legal notice on the title page.

As the format of the title page is changed I would like to make the change in one place and have each of the documents get the change the next time they are opened (without a cut/paste). The title page should also be getting it legal notice from an outside source so that is can also be updated in one place and have the change propagated to all of my documents.

Is there a way to do this for Microsoft Word documents?

Ryan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you save, to a specific document, the pieces of text that you want to
repeat, you could then bring in the content via INCLUDETEXT fields or via
OLE.

Post back for additional detail, and be sure to tell us which version of
Word you are using.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP