Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jerry Vos[_2_] Jerry Vos[_2_] is offline

Default why does spell check turn off automatically in certain documents?

The spell check works fine with most documents. However, in one group of
related large documents, it is turned off. I go to the "set language" box
for a document where this is occurring and I find the the box "do not check
spelling and grammar" checked. I uncheck it and it works a time or two and
then stops. I go back to the set language box again and find the box to not
check spelling checked.
Thank you