Jaimie

Default I need to create a field in a form that automatically updates ano.

I need to create a field in a form that automatically updates another field
in the same form. Rather like the Sum= function in excell? How do i do that?

Dian D. Chapman, MVP

Although you can use the REF field to pass info in a Word form...it
doesn't work well if you are trying to work out some calculations. So
I would not suggest you use the "Calculate on Exit" field...this
usually causes more work and generally only works well for "parroting"
exact information from one location to another.

What you can do is gather the values you need to add...into variables
and then drop the total into the given location, using either a
bookmark or form field.

I have a series of free word form article he
http://www.mousetrax.com/techpage.html#autoforms

And if you scroll down to the Code Snippets, or use this direct link
to that page:
http://www.mousetrax.com/CodeSnippets.html

You'll see a similar example where a user wanted to insert an average
into a form. Also, if you check out this TechTrax article, it shows
how to insert a total for a test form created in Word.

Creating Test Forms in Word

Again, the above shows how to calculate how many correct answers the
user has and inserts a total.

Hope this helps...

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant