Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
plb plb is offline

Default In My Documents

How do I go to the next file without having to go back to Open. I have
Windows XP and Word 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Post once then wait for a response. 20+ minutes isn't long enough.
Remember - we are volunteers who try to have a life, family, career, etc.
;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"plb" wrote in message
How do I go to the next file without having to go back to Open. I have
Windows XP and Word 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's not clear what it is you want to do re the 'next' file.

You can open multiple files in the Open dialog when you go there, or you can have My Documents open on your desktop using Windows
explorer and double click documents to open them one at a time in Word and the last one you chose should remain highlighted in
Explorer as long as that window is available.

To sequentially go through documents in the File=Open dialog could be done by a macro where Word would basically go to File=Open
for you, but it doesn't have a built in 'get next' ability built into the menus.

"plb" wrote in message ...
How do I go to the next file without having to go back to Open. I have
Windows XP and Word 2003
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP