Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dmh dmh is offline

Default The "recently used files list" option is greyed out

In MS Office 2003, the option to show recently used file in
tools-options-general is greyed out. The application won't let me click on
it. Has anyone run into this problem?

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc[_2_] Luc[_2_] is offline

Dmh,
I seem to remember that this is due to the fact TweakUI was used to suppress
the display of the MRU list on the Windows Start menu. Or possibly you are
using Word as your email editor for Outlook that also disables the MRU list.

--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
In MS Office 2003, the option to show recently used file in
tools-options-general is greyed out. The application won't let me click on
it. Has anyone run into this problem?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

TweakUI may or may not be involved, but it is an issue with a registry
key. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284896.

If you didn't use / don't have TweakUI, then you can fix it with
Registry Editor (regedit.exe). Go to the key listed in the article:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\Explorer

Double-click the NoRecentDocsHistory item in the right-hand pane and
set its value to decimal 0 or binary 00 00 00 00.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sat, 9 Jun 2007 17:39:43 +0200, "Luc" wrote:

Dmh,
I seem to remember that this is due to the fact TweakUI was used to suppress
the display of the MRU list on the Windows Start menu. Or possibly you are
using Word as your email editor for Outlook that also disables the MRU list.

--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
"dmh" schreef in bericht
In MS Office 2003, the option to show recently used file in
tools-options-general is greyed out. The application won't let me click on
it. Has anyone run into this problem?

Thank you

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dmh dmh is offline

Thank you! I did do this in TweakUI but couldn't undo it from there and
wouldn't have had the nerve to go into the Registry on my own. This worked
perfectly, and easily.
Thank you.