Sue

Default 200 engineers in Co. All can access all docs. Muggins must ration.

Company growing - need to implement SOP NOW to ensure consistent document
output but no resources allocated (must make case first & sell to
management). All our engineers can (& do) cut & paste old docs from all
sources to make new docs - NO control over process - chaos. Co template is
noddy - totally inadequate - issues not understood by original author but now
restraints are also Co politics. Could make case for resources if had strong
arguments but need help. WHERE DO I GO? Currently spending +% time working,
reworking & reworking docs (which are unstable and unilaterally
reformat/revert to random settings) so can't guarantee what customers
receive. Need help (direction/info to hook management if resources required)
in order to solve problem. Must protect templates from abuse but must be
accessible to all without password protection (would just be barrier, causing
grumbles, not solving problem). TEMPLATES NEED TO BE "IDIOT-PROOF" AND
CONSISTENT - will be used by 200+ people from variety of other disciplines.
PS I'm on maternity contract but want to stay with co therefore NEED (100%+)
to sort this to secure future job (company also needs this, regardless of my
position).
WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO? AM I (& 200 engineers) MISSING SOMETHING OBVIOUS? How
does Microsoft manage to produce its technical docs? - iron discipline?
Doug Robbins

You obviously need someone with the ability to set up some systems and
appropriate templates for the organisation.

There are a number of us Word MVP's who have that ability and do that sort
of thing for a living or as a second job.

Where are you located? If you send an email to me at , I can
give you some more specific information.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP