Angie

Default Command button won't work on locked form.

I am working with a simple form that contains a few radio button arrays and a
command button that is programmed to print to a certain printer on our
network while retaining the users default printer. I used the command toolbar
to insert the button and then pasted the code. Everything works fine until I
either lock the form or protect the document. Either way, the button doesn't
work. It just makes the screen jump when it is clicked. All of the other
controls function properly. Is there a property setting I am missing?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QW5naWU=?=,

Version of Word?

FWIW, if an ActiveX control is placed in a protected document/form it MUST be
positioned "in line with the text" in order for it to be available (clickable).
If text wrap formatting is applied, it won't be "reachable".

If you need text wrap formatting, place the button in line with the text in a
FRAME (from the Forms toolbar). Or you might consider creating a toolbar, with a
bottom, saved specifically in this document, or its template.

I am working with a simple form that contains a few radio button arrays and a
command button that is programmed to print to a certain printer on our
network while retaining the users default printer. I used the command toolbar
to insert the button and then pasted the code. Everything works fine until I
either lock the form or protect the document. Either way, the button doesn't
work. It just makes the screen jump when it is clicked. All of the other
controls function properly. Is there a property setting I am missing?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)