LizW

Default Should be simple! Macro to find italics won't run

Hi there!

I tried to record a macro that finds italics by using the Tools Macro
Record, bringing up the Find box, looking for the format of italics and then
clicking find next. Then I close the macros record box.

However nothing happens when I try and run it.\

Thanks in advance
garfield-n-odie

My guess is that you didn't put anything in the "Find what" box to search
for. Try recording the macro again, following these steps:
1. Start recording.
2. Click on Edit | Find | Find tab | More.
3. Click in the "Find what:" box. Click on Special | Any Character.
4. In the Find dialog box, click on Format | Font | Font tab | Italic.
5. Click on Find Next.
6. Stop recording.

"LizW" wrote:

Hi there!

I tried to record a macro that finds italics by using the Tools Macro
Record, bringing up the Find box, looking for the format of italics and then
clicking find next. Then I close the macros record box.

However nothing happens when I try and run it.\

Thanks in advance

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TGl6Vw==?=,

I tried to record a macro that finds italics by using the Tools Macro
Record, bringing up the Find box, looking for the format of italics and then
clicking find next. Then I close the macros record box.

Not all versions of Word record all actions in all dialog boxes correctly.
Unfortunately, you neither tell us which version of Word, nor do you show us
the resulting macro code. Makes it rather difficult to help you...

I suggest you repost to the word.vba.beginners newsgroup. Be sure to tell them
which version of Word you have. And copy/paste the macro code into the post so
that they can show you how to complete it.

There's one other "gotcha" that's cropped up recently: Find/Replace won't
necessarily find font formatting if it's defined as part of a style. This is
due to a bug in Word. But I assume that, when you recorded the macro it
actually was finding things that the macro itself is not?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)