Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Richard Webster

Default Automating Word 2000 e-mails

Hi, I'm new to this forum.

I understand some Access VBA and have used it to manipulate and create Word
Docs and insert variables derived from my Access 2000 database at bookmarks
in a Word Doc.

I wanted to use this same kind of method as :

oDoc.Bookmarks(sBkMk).Select
oApp.Selection.Text = sText

to insert an e-mail address in the address line and a subject in the subject
line that you get when you have an open Word Doc and you click the e-mail
icon on the toolbar.

I tried recording a macro running through the keystrokes because I usually
have found that doing this then gives you the VBA code that you can adapt for
your own use. All I got was:

ActiveWindow.EnvelopeVisible = Not ActiveWindow.EnvelopeVisible

which meant nothing at all to me. I expected to see the e-mail address and
the text that I had put in for the subject matter somewhere in the VBA code
and I could then substitute a couple of string variables containing that
information - no such luck!

Does anyone know how to do this?
--
Richard Webster
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

I'd have a look at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/SendMail.htm

Peter Jamieson

"Richard Webster" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Richard Webster

Thanks, that's given me something to work on. The RoutingSlip object didn't
come up at all when I searched help in Word VBA for e-mail!
--
Richard Webster