Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TJAC

Default Mailmerge and Decimals

I have a Word 2002 document that includes a mail merge for labels from Excel.
I have two fields that include dollar amounts. The fields need to be
rounded to two decimal places. I inserted the additional formatting after
the field name as such: \#0.00x

That worked on one field, but it did not work on another field. What can I
do to the other field so it will be rounded as well.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TJAC

Thank you for the link, but as far as I can tell I have tried the options
that are on the web page. I just don't understand why one of them will work
and the other one will not.

Thanks

TJAC wrote:
I have a Word 2002 document that includes a mail merge for labels
from Excel. I have two fields that include dollar amounts. The
fields need to be rounded to two decimal places. I inserted the
additional formatting after the field name as such: \#0.00x

That worked on one field, but it did not work on another field. What
can I do to the other field so it will be rounded as well.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Exactly what switch have you used? \#0.00x is definitely incorrect.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

news

TJAC wrote:
I have a Word 2002 document that includes a mail merge for labels
from Excel. I have two fields that include dollar amounts. The
fields need to be rounded to two decimal places. I inserted the
additional formatting after the field name as such: \#0.00x

That worked on one field, but it did not work on another field. What
can I do to the other field so it will be rounded as well.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TJAC

I have also tried \#"$,0.00;($,0.00)"

What should I be using because after I type in the above and press alt+F9,
nothing happens.

Thanks.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Exactly what switch have you used? \#0.00x is definitely incorrect.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

news

TJAC wrote:
I have a Word 2002 document that includes a mail merge for labels
from Excel. I have two fields that include dollar amounts. The
fields need to be rounded to two decimal places. I inserted the
additional formatting after the field name as such: \#0.00x

That worked on one field, but it did not work on another field. What
can I do to the other field so it will be rounded as well.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

And that is inside the closing } of the mailmerge field?

Have you then actually executed the merge?

--

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Exactly what switch have you used? \#0.00x is definitely incorrect.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

news

TJAC wrote:
I have a Word 2002 document that includes a mail merge for labels
from Excel. I have two fields that include dollar amounts. The
fields need to be rounded to two decimal places. I inserted the
additional formatting after the field name as such: \#0.00x

That worked on one field, but it did not work on another field.
What
can I do to the other field so it will be rounded as well.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
TJAC

Yes, it is closed within the } I thought I executed it, but just to be sure
what should I do in order to execute the merge?

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Exactly what switch have you used? \#0.00x is definitely incorrect.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

news Thank you for the link, but as far as I can tell I have tried the

TJAC wrote:
I have a Word 2002 document that includes a mail merge for labels
from Excel. I have two fields that include dollar amounts. The
fields need to be rounded to two decimal places. I inserted the
additional formatting after the field name as such: \#0.00x

That worked on one field, but it did not work on another field.
What
can I do to the other field so it will be rounded as well.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod

Hi TJAC

what should I do in order to execute the merge?

Run it like you normally would.

Toggling Alt-F9 doesn't update the field - it just toggles the field code
display on/off. Another way to see whether the field is formatting the
result correctly is to select 'view merged data' from the mailmerge toolbar.

Cheers