atsdaisy

Default Stationery problems

Hi there. I have already tried posting my problem in Outlook, I was directed
here.
I am trying to create a background (stationery, theme...whatever) to be used
in replying and creating NEW documents in Outlook 2003. I understand that
Word is used as the html editor. How the heck do I approach this? I want to
put a graphic along the left side (like a navigation bar on a webpage) and a
logo on the top of the background. I want to be able to type with an indent,
so it won't type over the graphic. I have tried almost everything and I am
open to any suggestions. None of the recommendations posted in this group
seems to help me.
Thank you again, have a great day.
Jezebel

Experiment with the functions on the drawing toolbar, and read Help.

But before you go any further, do a Google on email etiquette for any number
of explanations on why you don't really want to do this at all. Plain text
is *by far* the preferred email format for almost all purposes. HTML emails
are characteristic of spam and virus, and the emails themselves are much
larger, particularly if you put graphics in. Many people set up their
systems to ignore HTML formatting in emails (for anti-virus reasons), so
they won't see your graphic anyway.

"atsdaisy" wrote in message
Hi there. I have already tried posting my problem in Outlook, I was

directed
here.
I am trying to create a background (stationery, theme...whatever) to be

used
in replying and creating NEW documents in Outlook 2003. I understand that
Word is used as the html editor. How the heck do I approach this? I want

put a graphic along the left side (like a navigation bar on a webpage) and

logo on the top of the background. I want to be able to type with an

indent,
so it won't type over the graphic. I have tried almost everything and I

am
open to any suggestions. None of the recommendations posted in this group
seems to help me.
Thank you again, have a great day.

atsdaisy

I realize that some may not want to open html....but, my boss wants me to
create this stationery for him...so I would like to know how to do this. If
html stationeries are sooooo bad, then why provide them in Office anyway?
Please help.