Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
par5kev par5kev is offline

Default can i customize the command buttons in office 2007

Ok, i see that you can customize the quick access bar; but, can i customize
the command buttons in the groups. for example, i want to be able to just
click a double underline button instead of having the do the drop down list.
can i put a double underline command button in the font group? I hope so,
this was a great time saver in office 2003. 2007 beta 2
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi par5kev

Sadly, Microsoft has removed this functionality from Word 2007. The only way
to customize the ribbon is through XML. See http://pschmid.net/ and
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms406046.aspx.

Make sure you let Microsoft know what you think of Word 2007. You can use
the tool here to do that:
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"par5kev" wrote in message
Ok, i see that you can customize the quick access bar; but, can i
customize
the command buttons in the groups. for example, i want to be able to just
click a double underline button instead of having the do the drop down
list.
can i put a double underline command button in the font group? I hope so,
this was a great time saver in office 2003. 2007 beta 2

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?cGFyNWtldg==?=,

Ok, i see that you can customize the quick access bar; but, can i customize
the command buttons in the groups. for example, i want to be able to just
click a double underline button instead of having the do the drop down list.
can i put a double underline command button in the font group? I hope so,
this was a great time saver in office 2003. 2007 beta 2

Click the big round button at the top, left. Click "Word Options, then select
CUSTOMIZE from the list on the left. Choose "All commands" from the first
drop-down. Look for "Double Underline" in the list. ADD it to the QAT.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)