Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jlawson jlawson is offline

Default Save As Macro with current date

I want a macro to run after the user closes a User Form but I want it
to include the current date with the file name. This is what I have so
far:

Private Sub NoticeAccept_Click()
UserForm3.Hide
ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:="Schedule Change Request"
End Sub

I want to include the day's date after the file name: "Schedule Change
Request 07-18-06"

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi Jlawson,

I want a macro to run after the user closes a User Form but I want it
to include the current date with the file name. This is what I have so
far:

Private Sub NoticeAccept_Click()
UserForm3.Hide
ActiveDocument.SaveAs FileName:="Schedule Change Request"
End Sub

I want to include the day's date after the file name: "Schedule Change
Request 07-18-06"

FileName:="Schedule Change Request " & Format(Date, "mm-dd-yy")

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org