Bio_Jazz

Default Replacement Of Company Logo Image In Multiple Word Documents

I have over 700 MS-Word documents that contain an image of a company logo.
The company name has changed, and the image needs to be replace with the
current logo image. Is anyone aware of a method, plug-in, or additional
software I might be able to use to automate the image replacement? Replacing
the images manually one-by-one will take a good deal of time.
Charles Kenyon

Yes, it will. Absent a time machine to set up your system a few years ago
before you generated all of these, there is no easy solution.

1) Use templates rather than documents. A document is a one-use product,
usually. Not something that is adapted and reused. For pattern documents,
use templates. http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.

2) You can set up templates so that they draw common elements from a single
source, usually a global template. The simplest is probably AutoText entries
in the global template, inserted into the document templates using AutoText
fields.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Bio_Jazz" wrote in message
I have over 700 MS-Word documents that contain an image of a company logo.
The company name has changed, and the image needs to be replace with the
current logo image. Is anyone aware of a method, plug-in, or additional
software I might be able to use to automate the image replacement?
Replacing
the images manually one-by-one will take a good deal of time.

bio_jazz

Thank-you for your reply Charles.

The headers for the documents were created using autotext. Since the header
exists as autotext, I can update the autotext definition with the new logo
image. Since the header was made using autotext, can I somehow use this to
make the changes to my existing documents?

Thanks.

"Bio_Jazz" wrote in message
I have over 700 MS-Word documents that contain an image of a company logo.
The company name has changed, and the image needs to be replace with the
current logo image. Is anyone aware of a method, plug-in, or additional
software I might be able to use to automate the image replacement?
Replacing
the images manually one-by-one will take a good deal of time.

Unless you used an AutoText *field,* this will not help, unfortunately. If
the logo image were linked to the file, then updating the file would update
the logo (though you wouldn't want this in older documents), or,
alternatively, you could use a batch Find and Replace to replace the path in
the INCLUDEPICTURE field. Again, suggestions that won't help absent a time
machine.