Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SusanB SusanB is offline

Default Font changes automatically

When I hit the Enter key twice, the body text on the line I'm leaving changes
to headline text. I never had this happen in 2003, so I don't know what to
look for to make it stop. Any help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

SusanB wrote:
When I hit the Enter key twice, the body text on the line I'm leaving
changes to headline text. I never had this happen in 2003, so I don't
know what to look for to make it stop. Any help?

It's an AutoFormat As You Type option. Go to Office button Word Options
Proofing AutoCorrect Options AutoFormat As You Type. In the "Apply as
you type" group, uncheck "Built-in heading styles".

You probably should turn off some of the other options there, too. See
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...AutoFormat.htm for suggestions.

The real answer, though, is that you shouldn't hit Enter twice to make a
"blank line". Use a style that has the desired Space After setting in its
paragraph properties, and only hit Enter once. This also has effects on
things such as the Keep With Next paragraph property.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman