Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Niall 84 Niall 84 is offline

Default Zero line space

I am trying to make a document template using Word 2007.

The 1st 2 lines in the top corner is the 1st name of the company
underlined with directly under it the 2nd and 3rd words.

The 1st word is in size 55 font however when I am trying to put the
others under it word keeps putting in a gap. Anyone know how I can
remove this gap to have it immediatly under?

I have tried line spacing options etc.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Niall.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Niall 84 wrote:
I am trying to make a document template using Word 2007.

The 1st 2 lines in the top corner is the 1st name of the company
underlined with directly under it the 2nd and 3rd words.

The 1st word is in size 55 font however when I am trying to put the
others under it word keeps putting in a gap. Anyone know how I can
remove this gap to have it immediatly under?

I have tried line spacing options etc.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks,

Niall.

On the first line, make sure the paragraph format has zero Space After.

On the second line, set the paragraph's line spacing to "Exactly" and give
it a value, probably a few points less than the font size (for example, if
it's 28 pt font, set the line spacing to Exactly 24 pt). There will be a
lower limit at which the tops of the letters disappear behind the first
line. There will also be a few points of space at the bottom of the first
line that you won't be able to eliminate, as it's built into the font.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement