Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
badbatzmaru badbatzmaru is offline

Default How do I "open" all at once 5-10 word files I work daily.

I work with/on the same 5-10 word documents a day. Most, if not all, of the
documents I write are long term reports/projects that lasts weeks or months.
Meaning I work on the same report for weeks. Some documents are just
reference/training notes that i continually refine on a daily basis or a few
times a week.

When I start windows now, I go to the most recent viewed files list (to see
what I worked on yesterday) and open each file individually. When you have
to open 10 documents, one by one, this gets tedious and repetitive (RSI...).
How can I open all 10 documents at once without automatically somehow.

Thanks in advance.

P.s., the documents are NOT in the same folder. My docs are organized
according to topic/category and for specific case files, they are organized
by case.

So, on a daily basis, I work not only on specific case files organized by
each case, but on general files organized by topic (ie., general reference,
training, law)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mecalith Mecalith is offline

Using Word 2007 on Windows Vista Home Premium

Put a shortcut to the Recent Items directory on the desktop.
Open the directory and double click the files you want to open.

Find the address of Recent Items:
1. click Start
2. right click Recent Items
3. click Explore
4. copy the address

Create shortcut:
1. right click desktop.
2. select New Shortcut
3. In €śType the location of the item:€ť paste the address
4. click [Next]
5. click [Finish]

Test the shortcut
note: If file extensions are visible type [ doc ] into Search