Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amy G[_2_] Amy G[_2_] is offline

Default Table of Figures/Tables

I want to create a Table of Figures and Tables combined into one list. I have
a style for Figure Caption and another style for Table Caption. When I try to
create one list, I have to indicate a style to reference the caption, but I
have 2 to reference. I don't see the ability to select 2 different styles to
reference. Is it possible to create a Table of Figure and Tables combined? Is
there something that I'm missing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Use a Table of Contents instead. In the Table of Contents Options dialog,
deselect the other styles that would otherwise appear (Title, Heading 1,
Heading 2, etc.) by clearing the numbers from beside them. Then add the
appropriate number(s) beside your Table Caption and Figure Caption styles.

If you want the captions listed the same way, you can choose the same level
for both; if you want them different, choose different levels. Assuming you
may want to format the entries differently from your main TOC entries,
choose TOC levels that are lower than those included in the TOC. For
example, if you are including Headings 1-3 in the TOC, use Level 4 or Levels
4 and 5 for the figures and tables. You can then modify those TOC styles to
look any way you like.

"Amy G" wrote in message
I want to create a Table of Figures and Tables combined into one list. I
have
a style for Figure Caption and another style for Table Caption. When I try
create one list, I have to indicate a style to reference the caption, but
have 2 to reference. I don't see the ability to select 2 different styles
reference. Is it possible to create a Table of Figure and Tables combined?
Is
there something that I'm missing?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amy G[_2_] Amy G[_2_] is offline

Thanks Suzanne! I guess we never considered doing it that way but it works
just fine. It's so simple, we were trying to make it more complicated than
necessary.