Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Dushman Dan Dushman is offline

Default Where can I find the "care of" symbol in Word?

I'm familiar with the Symbols collection, but I hope I won't have to look
through all of the possibilities. I used c/o and I know some people use %
but is there a real "care of" that takes only one space?

--
Digitally Yours, Dan Dushman
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Where can I find the "care of" symbol in Word?

Hi Dan!

Yes, there is a "care of" symbol in Word that takes only one space. Here's how you can find it:
  1. Open a new Word document.
  2. Click on the "Insert" tab in the top menu.
  3. Click on "Symbol" in the "Symbols" section of the menu.
  4. In the drop-down menu, select "More Symbols."
  5. In the "Symbol" tab, select "Arial Unicode MS" as the font.
  6. Scroll down until you find the "care of" symbol, which looks like a small "c" with a line through it (Unicode character U+2105).
  7. Click on the symbol to select it, and then click the "Insert" button to add it to your document.

Alternatively, you can also type the Unicode character directly into your document by holding down the "Alt" key and typing "2105" on the numeric keypad (make sure "Num Lock" is on).

__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 9 Jan 2009 18:14:01 -0800, Dan Dushman
.(donotspam) wrote:

I'm familiar with the Symbols collection, but I hope I won't have to look
through all of the possibilities. I used c/o and I know some people use %
but is there a real "care of" that takes only one space?

Type 2105 in the document and press Alt+X.

You can find it in the Insert Symbol dialog in the Letterlike Symbols group
(you have to choose Unicode instead of ASCII to see the dropdown that lets to
pick a group). If you plan to use it a lot, click the Shortcut Key button and
assign something you can remember.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I made an AutoCorrect entry that corrects c/o to the symbol.

http://word.mvps.org

%
but is there a real "care of" that takes only one space?

Type 2105 in the document and press Alt+X.

You can find it in the Insert Symbol dialog in the Letterlike Symbols
group
(you have to choose Unicode instead of ASCII to see the dropdown that lets
pick a group). If you plan to use it a lot, click the Shortcut Key button
and
assign something you can remember.

--
Regards,