sorenholm

Default Can't save documents

After spending a lot of time editing a long document, with no problems. Now
suddenly I can't save any document. Not ones I ahve already created, and not
new documents. I can't save, save as nor save as webpage.
garfield-n-odie

What happens if you start Word and click on Help | Activate Product?

"sorenholm" wrote:

After spending a lot of time editing a long document, with no problems. Now
suddenly I can't save any document. Not ones I ahve already created, and not
new documents. I can't save, save as nor save as webpage.

sorenholm

It just tells me that the product is indeed activated. I'm really at my wit's
end here. I have removed and re-installed Word but it hasn't helped. I have a
really big project that needs to be finished in the next new days and am
stuck. I would pay for MS support, if I could trust that they could actually
help, but my expriences eith them are not stellar.

Anyone else have a suggestion? I suspect that it may be a corruption of some
template document, like Normal, and tried removing it. But since I can't
save, I can't create a new one, and removing the old one didn't help.

"sorenholm" wrote:

After spending a lot of time editing a long document, with no problems. Now
suddenly I can't save any document. Not ones I ahve already created, and not
new documents. I can't save, save as nor save as webpage.

Palmapp.dot is one of the notorious troublemakers; you'll find it in Word's
Startup folder. But I don't know whether it is known to cause this kind of
problem.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" skrev:

Are you running Norton AntiVirus? If so, disable the Office Plug-in and

see
if that helps.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.