Michael

Default Populating many locations in a document

Hi All
I have a document with a 4 cell table on the front page that, when filled in
will populate about 20 different locations throughout the rest of the
document with the same information ( not in more tables, but in the body of
the text).
I know this is possible, because I am using one at the moment......the
author however, won't divulge the method he used.
Can someone please enlighten me.

--
Regards
Michael Mitchelson
Greg Maxey

Michael,

Does he hold a copyright!! See:

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

to get you started. Post back if you have further questions.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Michael wrote:
Hi All
I have a document with a 4 cell table on the front page that, when
filled in will populate about 20 different locations throughout the
rest of the document with the same information ( not in more tables,
but in the body of the text).
I know this is possible, because I am using one at the moment......the
author however, won't divulge the method he used.
Can someone please enlighten me.

Michael

Greg
No !! But I think it helps protect his job.
Thank you very much for your prompt reply.
I will try the different methods on your website and see which fits my needs.

Regards
Michael

Michael wrote:
Hi All
I have a document with a 4 cell table on the front page that, when
filled in will populate about 20 different locations throughout the
rest of the document with the same information ( not in more tables,
but in the body of the text).
I know this is possible, because I am using one at the moment......the
author however, won't divulge the method he used.
Can someone please enlighten me.

Michael

Greg
I tried the Online Method first, and it worked a treat.
However, I got greedy and moved up to the UserForm Method. This was even
better and far more professional, but, and there is always a but, When I
insert Bookmarks in my template only the first instance appears, the rest
don't !!
How do I apply the Bookmark to more than one location in the document.
eg, the name bookmark needs to appear at least 20 times throughout the
document.

Regards
Michael

Michael wrote:
Hi All
I have a document with a 4 cell table on the front page that, when
filled in will populate about 20 different locations throughout the
rest of the document with the same information ( not in more tables,
but in the body of the text).
I know this is possible, because I am using one at the moment......the
author however, won't divulge the method he used.
Can someone please enlighten me.

Greg Maxey

Michael,

The userform (Doug Robbin's FAQ I referenced) only inserts the bookmark.
That's the same as you selecting a bit of text (let's say your name) in a
document and bookmarking it. If you want that text to appear in other
places then you need to insert REF fields in your template in those places.
Doug uses bookmarks named Text1 and Text1. You might use a bookmark MyName.

Put fields (e.g., {REF Text1}, {REF Text2}, {REF MyName}, etc.) anyplace you
want data to repeat.

Remember to update the fields. Something like:

ActiveDocument.Fields.Update

after the End With line in your command button click macro might do the
trick.