Sam Stockley

Default How do I get rid of the update?

I tried to get the Office Update (I think Office SP2) and had to quit the
installation because we have lost the discs. Now, about a week later, we
cannot access Microsoft Excel. Word works, as does Publisher. When clicking
to launch Excel, it starts to "install" and asks for the disc (which we don't
have). How do I downgrade to the previous version, removing the update,
without using the disc?
Chuck Davis

I tried to get the Office Update (I think Office SP2) and

had to quit the
installation because we have lost the discs. Now, about a

week later, we
cannot access Microsoft Excel. Word works, as does

Publisher. When clicking
to launch Excel, it starts to "install" and asks for the

disc (which we don't
have). How do I downgrade to the previous version,

removing the update,
without using the disc?
.

You don't. Protect your assets, keep all program disks in a
safe place. Looks like a trip to your local retail store to
buy a new copy.

Graham Mayor

If you haven't got the discs then the only choices are to replace the discs
(if you can prove ownership contact Microsoft - or if it was an OEM copy,
contact the system supplier), borrow the discs from someone who hasn't lost
them (the discs are all the same, its the serials that are different) or to
roll back the system to a date when it last worked.