Baffled

Default How do you make a template check spelling

Hello,
I currently have a template in Word. It is an evaluation tool, so I want it
to be secure, and not allow changes to the questions. However, since I have
it saved as a template, spell check is not available to the users. When you
click the spell check it is in light grey, which means I do have that
feature. Can you tell me how I can keep my template secure, but allow for
spell check to work in the boxes were responses are entered? I am a my wits
end with this, and any help you have to offer would be greatly appreciated.
I tried directions from other users on your site i.e Kay, and garfield n
otie, but was not successful.
Thanks for taking the time to brain storm with me!
Jay Freedman

Spell-checking entries in a protected form requires a macro. That macro is
presented in http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm.
If you try to use it and have trouble, please post back and describe (1)
what version of Word you use, and (2) what happens or doesn't happen when
you run the macro, including the exact text of any error message you see.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman