Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sueg sueg is offline

Default Inserting Subdocuments

I have a master document with 4 subdocuments. I want to insert another file
as a subdocument at the end. Every time I try to insert it, it becomes part
of the 4th existing subdocument rather than a separate one. Can anyone help
please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hello Sue

SueG wrote:
I have a master document with 4 subdocuments. I want to insert another file
as a subdocument at the end. Every time I try to insert it, it becomes part
of the 4th existing subdocument rather than a separate one. Can anyone help
please?

disclaimers about Master/Subdocuments aside: are you displaying
non-printing characters? I would not want to try inserting subs without
that, as you really need to see the section breaks.

0.2¢
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sueg sueg is offline

Hi Robert
Yes I am displaying non-priniting characters. They only way I have got
around it is to display all the levels and then insert a section break at the
very end.

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hello Sue

SueG wrote:
I have a master document with 4 subdocuments. I want to insert another file
as a subdocument at the end. Every time I try to insert it, it becomes part
of the 4th existing subdocument rather than a separate one. Can anyone help
please?

disclaimers about Master/Subdocuments aside: are you displaying
non-printing characters? I would not want to try inserting subs without
that, as you really need to see the section breaks.

0.2¢
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
X Against HTML | for | with Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

SueG wrote:
Yes I am displaying non-priniting characters. They only way I have got
around it is to display all the levels and then insert a section break at the
very end.

hmm, I'd try with a couple of empty paragraphs instead of a section
break (or a page break -- all of which you'd delete afterwards once the
subdocument has been successfully inserted :-)).

Sorry, not much first-hand experience with Mastersdocuments as there are
very, very few situations I'd even consider using them.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |
\ / | MVP | Scientific Reports
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sueg sueg is offline

Thanks Robert. i wouldn't choose to use them either but I'm having to as part
of the ECDL syllabus.