Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DR DR is offline

Default Word 2007, how insert page numbers in the first section?

I have a document with three sections. The first section, I need numbered.
The other two, I do not. The last page of section 3 has a landscape page.
The following page is blank and is also the last page. How can I number only
the first section and how do I remove the last blank page? Thank you for
your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To number your first section, display headers & footers, and place the
page number (with the page no. button on the H & F toobar) where you
want it. Then go to the first header of the next section and un-choose
the "Same as Previous" button, and delete the page no. from the
section-2 heading.

To discover why you have an extra page at the end, Show Non-printing
Characters (the paragraph sign button) and delete all the extra
paragraphs at the end that push the empty last paragraph(s) onto a new
page. (Don't delete the very last paragraph mark, or you'll lose the
landscape orientation from your last section, and anything else that
makes it special).