Joe

Default Changing the default bullet style

Hi,

I'd like to create a template so that users can click the "Apply List
Bullet" button from the toolbar and get an indent of 1 cm (rather than the
default 1.25 cm). (Obviously, I could create a new style and assign it a new
button; I just don't think I could persuade the users to click on it). Since
we'll still be using 1.25 for most documents, I don't want to modify
normal.dot.

Thanks very much,
Joe
CyberTaz

Hey Joe-

The regular bullets button on the Formatting Toolbar 'remembers' the
specifics of the last bullet formatting used until you switch to something
different. So...

Customize your bullets while working in your template to whatever you want
through the FormatBullets and Numbering dialog box. Type a temporary list to
apply the bullets (by using the button to test it), then you can delete the
list & save the template. Your custom bullets will then be set as the default
in any new docs based on the template.

HTH |:)

"Joe" wrote:

Hi,

I'd like to create a template so that users can click the "Apply List
Bullet" button from the toolbar and get an indent of 1 cm (rather than the
default 1.25 cm). (Obviously, I could create a new style and assign it a new
button; I just don't think I could persuade the users to click on it). Since
we'll still be using 1.25 for most documents, I don't want to modify
normal.dot.

Thanks very much,
Joe

Klaus Linke

Two other options:

-- Change the "List bullet" style to have an indent of 1 cm. Then hope =
and pray that your users use the built-in "List bullet" style (because, =
as CyberTaz' answer indicated, that's what'll be applied by the bullets =
button in that case).

-- Change the "list bullet" style, and also change the bullet button so =
it always applies that style (or the proper outline "List bullet 2, 3, =
...." style with up to 9 different bullets). I think that's what makes =
most sense, because your users don't have to worry about the "bullet" =
button creating the wrong bullets.

I haven't tried, but I don't think the second part of CyberTaz' answer =
would work. The "most recently used" list for bullets and numbers is =
stored in the Registry, and probably wrong bullets could get applied no =
matter what you defined in the template.

Regards,
Klaus

"CyberTaz" wrote:
Hey Joe-
=20
The regular bullets button on the Formatting Toolbar 'remembers' the=20
specifics of the last bullet formatting used until you switch to =

something=20
different. So...
=20
Customize your bullets while working in your template to whatever you =

want=20
through the FormatBullets and Numbering dialog box. Type a temporary =

list to=20
apply the bullets (by using the button to test it), then you can =

delete the=20
list & save the template. Your custom bullets will then be set as the =

default=20
in any new docs based on the template.
=20
HTH |:)
=20
"Joe" wrote:
=20
Hi,
=20
I'd like to create a template so that users can click the "Apply =

List=20
Bullet" button from the toolbar and get an indent of 1 cm (rather =

than the=20
default 1.25 cm). (Obviously, I could create a new style and assign =

it a new=20
button; I just don't think I could persuade the users to click on =

it). Since=20