Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rkoehn rkoehn is offline

Default Inserting left-subscripts

How can I insert a left-subscript in Word-2007? I would like to use the
equation editor that comes along with it, not Microsoft Equation 3.0 and not
changing the font. The only option for this in Structures/Scripts is a
combination Left Subscript-Superscript.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Inserting left-subscripts

To insert a left-subscript in Word 2007 using the equation editor, you can follow these steps:
  1. Click on the "Insert" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  2. Click on the "Equation" button in the "Symbols" section of the ribbon.
  3. In the equation editor, click on the "Scripts" button in the "Structures" section of the ribbon.
  4. Click on the "Left Subscript-Superscript" option.
  5. Type the text you want to appear as the subscript in the box on the left.
  6. Type the text you want to appear as the superscript in the box on the right.
  7. Click outside of the equation editor to return to your document.

This will insert a left-subscript in your document using the equation editor in Word 2007. Note that this option only allows for a combination of left-subscript and superscript, so you will need to enter a blank space in the superscript box if you do not want to include one.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi,

You can do this by performing the following steps.
1) At the place in the document where you want to insert the left subscript,
press Alt+= (Alt together with =). This opens all the controls of the Word
2007 Equation Editor on the Ribbon.
2) Click the control with e^x (e and a superscripted x) on it.
3) In the pane that opens, click the option with an array of 3 boxes, two of
which are piled up on the left and one is alone on the right. A similar array
of 3 boxes should then appear in the small Equation Editor control near your
cursor.
4) In the Equation Equator control, type a space in the upper left-hand box,
type your subscript in the lower left-hand box, and type the on-line text in
the right-hand box.
5) Press End twice.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"rkoehn" wrote:

How can I insert a left-subscript in Word-2007? I would like to use the
equation editor that comes along with it, not Microsoft Equation 3.0 and not
changing the font. The only option for this in Structures/Scripts is a
combination Left Subscript-Superscript.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] hyuji@hotmail.co.uk is offline

OMG! Thank you. This has been killing me for the past few hours. This may not technically be correct, but all I care about is that it LOOKS correct. So thanx again.

jackjohnson jackjohnson is offline
Junior Member

Immerse yourself in a world where Taylor's iconic moments come alive, and her music sets the rhythm for your gameplay. Step up to the challenge and see if you can reach the ultimate goal of merging tiles to unlock exclusive Taylor Swift 2048 surprises.