Snfldlover

Default I can't see anything but codes or field codes...help!!!!

For example, whenever I type a web address such as "www.yahoo.com" it
automatically is changed to "{HYPERLINK "http://www.yahoo.com"}". How do I
turn this off??? I know that if I highlight it and hit shift F9 it changes
it to normal text...but how do I make it always be normal and avoid having to
always highlight and hit F9? It is the same with templates that I download
to use...most of the stuff I cannot even see, but I know it is all there
because it shows up in Print Preview. Please help me as this is giving me an
incredible headache! THANKS!
Joey

Look under Tools, Options, Edit. There might be a tick in the "Field Codes"
box. Untick it. If it keeps coming up then this might be set in your
normal.dot. Therefore you will have to open the normal.dot, turn it off and
save the normal.dot again.

"Snfldlover" wrote:

For example, whenever I type a web address such as "www.yahoo.com" it
automatically is changed to "{HYPERLINK "http://www.yahoo.com"}". How do I
turn this off??? I know that if I highlight it and hit shift F9 it changes
it to normal text...but how do I make it always be normal and avoid having to
always highlight and hit F9? It is the same with templates that I download
to use...most of the stuff I cannot even see, but I know it is all there
because it shows up in Print Preview. Please help me as this is giving me an
incredible headache! THANKS!

Snfldlover

I found it under the "view" section...but it was already unchecked.

"Snfldlover" wrote:

For example, whenever I type a web address such as "www.yahoo.com" it
automatically is changed to "{HYPERLINK "http://www.yahoo.com"}". How do I
turn this off??? I know that if I highlight it and hit shift F9 it changes
it to normal text...but how do I make it always be normal and avoid having to
always highlight and hit F9? It is the same with templates that I download
to use...most of the stuff I cannot even see, but I know it is all there
because it shows up in Print Preview. Please help me as this is giving me an
incredible headache! THANKS!

Field Codes - If Field pompeyboyUSA Microsoft Word Help 9 November 1st 05 02:16 PM
How do I set default on Toggle Field Codes? BoulderRon Microsoft Word Help 1 March 7th 05 05:25 PM
How do I turn off field codes in an MS Word document? Welshwoman Microsoft Word Help 7 March 2nd 05 06:15 PM
Field Codes Meryl Microsoft Word Help 1 February 21st 05 08:07 AM
Word Field Codes in Excel data file mranz Mailmerge 7 December 11th 04 10:02 AM