Leesa

Default A foreign language spell check?

My school, in France, still uses Word 97. It only carries French language
proofing tools. How do I add in proofing tools for English?
Si-Qing Chen [MSFT]

I do not know about Word97, but the French localized version of Office XP and
Office 2003 contains proofing tools of French, Arabic, Dutch, German, and
English.
But if your localized version of Office does not contain English proofing
tool, you need to purchase a separate Proofing Tools for Office CD that
matches your version of Office. But I doubt that Proofing Tools for Word 97
is still available.

Here is some information on Office 97 support:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...95/default.asp

Si-Qing

"Leesa" wrote:

My school, in France, still uses Word 97. It only carries French language
proofing tools. How do I add in proofing tools for English?

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TGVlc2E=?=,

My school, in France, still uses Word 97. It only carries French language
proofing tools. How do I add in proofing tools for English?

All local language versions of Word, back to the dark ages, come with the
English proofing tools, as well as the local language. But they usually
aren't installed by default.

You need to insert the Office 97 CD, then go over "Add Remove programs" in
the Windows Control Panel. Choose "Office 97" from the list and the option
to CHANGE (not remove) the installation. Setup will run in customize mode
and give you a list of components. You need to find the proofing tools under
one of the Office categories and activate the checkboxes for the English
spelling, grammar, thesaurus and hyphenation (if you want to use that).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org