Mike

Default Outline Numbered Style

I am having several problems as I try to create New Styles for headings that
are also Outlined Numbered (i.e. Level 1 = 1., Level 2 = 1.1, Level 3 =
1.1.1). In doing so, Word changes the numbering above it (deletes it); the
numbering sometimes does not go to the second and third levels as I try to
create it using the Modify Style window; also, I cannot tie it so that the
second level in the third section is tied to that level one heading (it still
says 1.1 instead of 3.1).

I have done all this on a brand new machine with a fresh install of MS Word
as well as throwing away my Normal.dot and starting completely from scratch.
What am I missing?

Thanks for any help.

Klaus Linke

See if Shauna Kelly's tips get you going:
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

The main trick is to edit all the numbering only through the "level 1"
style.

Regards,
Klaus