Glenn Turner

Default Semitransparent watermarks take a long time to PDF with Word 2002

We've got a support issue at the moment where, when we use Word 2002 SP3 with
Acrobat Distiller (via Acrobat Elements), if there is a Watermark that is
"semitransparent", PDFing the document takes at least 15 minutes as opposed
to about 15 seconds if ther Watermark is no semitransparent.

The problem didn't exist in Word 2002 SP2. We've tested this.

Does anyone know how to programmatically untick the "semitransparent"
tickbox in the Format Background Watermark dialog box so that our users
create watermarks that are NOT semitransparent by default? There doesn't
seem to be a GPO for this, or a registry setting that I can find.

Also, anyone know what changes occured between Word 2002 SP2 and SP3 that
might have triggered the huge increase in time it now takes to PDF wit
semitransparent Watermarks?

Thanks,

Glenn Turner