Ben Wallace

Default Page numbers in templates

I'm trying to save a template with page number (and footers and headers), but
whenever I open the template for a new doc the footers and headers are either
removed or they only display on the first page, i.e. when I get to 2 pages
the footers and headers don't follow on. Is there any way to save a template
with footer and header information that continues to display on new pages?
Doug Robbins

Sounds like you must have the Different first page box checked under the
Layout tab of the Page Setup dialog that you can access by clicking on the
Page Setup button on the Headers and Footers toolbar.

To fix it up, open the template and then from the View menu select Headers
and Footers and the select and copy what you presently have in the header
and copy it to the clipboard and then go to the Layout tab of the dialog
mentioned above and uncheck that box and then click OK. Then, paste from
the Clipboard into the empty Header pane that would have appeared. You may
then have to go back to that dialog and check that button again so that you
can copy the Footer from the First Page Header.

For some more information on this, see the article "How to set up a document
with front matter numbered separately" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Page Borders Ed Microsoft Word Help 2 November 28th 04 11:43 PM
Wrong Page Numbers in Table of Contents latteluvva Microsoft Word Help 1 November 26th 04 07:01 AM
How do I delete a page of labels from an 8 page label print out? mooseamatic Microsoft Word Help 1 November 26th 04 12:21 AM
change numbers to fractions-it changes 1/2 but not 1/3 motherneedshelp Microsoft Word Help 2 November 25th 04 08:33 AM
why does my 65 page word doc go from 1666 kb to 14500 kb when it . 123 Microsoft Word Help 3 November 25th 04 03:37 AM