Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MidCityRep

Default don't change format for entire word document

e.g. When changing font size for a line the entire document changes and I
must select edit undo for the balance of the document to return to its
original format. When I change a line, size or font, I only want the selected
item to change not the entire document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

http://www.officearticles.com/word/f...oft_word.h tm
************
Anne Troy
VBA Project Manager
www.OfficeArticles.com

"MidCityRep" wrote in message
e.g. When changing font size for a line the entire document changes and I
must select edit undo for the balance of the document to return to its
original format. When I change a line, size or font, I only want the
selected
item to change not the entire document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lina

Probably you have selected the automatically update option in your formatting.
To change this you choose the Styles and Formatting TaskPane (in word 2003
you find it under the format menu where you choos Styles and format).
Put your cursor somewhere in your text, now you can see what format you are
using in the box "formatting of selected text" in the task pane. Probably you
are using "normal".
If you in the "pic formatting to apply" box mark the format you are using
you see a little arrow to the right. Click on the arrow and select the modify
option. In the dialog box that now appers, look after the check boxes Add to
template and automatically update. Make sure they are unchecked.
Hope that this solves your problem.